Latest News & Advice
Our business development team have written several excellent and educational
articles, these can be viewed on the 7House website, click here to find out more
Please find below some of the useful tips we have learned as a business development
team over the last 30 years when supporting our clients in public sector bidding:
If you a bidding for two or more contracts - consider some key factors in your
filtering and decision making:
- How well known are you to the organisation?
Is it a framework or sole supply (i.e. have you a greater chance of success)?
- Do you understand strategically how the business operates?
- What's your evaluation criteria?
- Are you able to deliver the requirement post contract award?
If you are finding client stakeholder engagement tricky because the client won't
engage or it is difficult to get past procurement.
You must understand the client's strategy and the relevance of your line of work
to meet their up-and-coming requirement through the bid process. Once done, research
the client's contract senior decision makers and approach them directly. Where relevant,
this should be done using a cost benefit analysis of what you are offering and how
it could enhance their current environment. All this is only possible if you have
allowed yourself enough time pre-bid.
Have you considered the following before writing a bid?
- Assign an internal team (content ownership and project management)
- A win theme that is continuous in both the PQQ and ITT
- Either an external or internal team that independently evaluates
the bid and is separate from the above team
- If the tender is a renewal process and you are trying to understand
how your competitors fared in the last bidding process - there are couple of ways
to find out this information to ensure you are one step ahead - call us below to
find out more...
For further business development advice please call our Contracts Advance Manager
on 01225 731430.